Four weeks from today we'll be flying to Lima, Peru to start our Amazon trip. Internet access will be limited (though we're planning to have a satellite phone and laptop), so we'll post as often as possible.
This trip happened to fall on the last two weeks of the year, at the school in which I work. The plan is to have the students learn some about the Amazon while I travel there. So this blog will serve as a way to keep in touch with them (Hey MLA students!!), as well as our friends and family back home.
There's lots to do in the next four weeks, so I better run...
Sara
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, May 24
We passed through many small villages on Thursday
We saw a lot of these beautiful flowers
The elementary kids
Our wild ride to the Nazca lines
Can you see the "alien" design?
How the Inca wrapped their dead
An Inca mummy...you can see the original eyes, hair, etc.
Why the mummies are so well preserved...
Paracas
Friday, May 25
The Candelabro
Ballestas - this does not capture how many birds there were, but is a great shot of the seals.
The dessert terrain
The natural reserve
The travelers
2 comments:
Hi, Mrs. Bidler. We are glad that you arrived safely in Peru. It sounds like you had an adventurous trip. The students will be reading your blog and writing answers that I will transcribe and post here. Keep us "posted."
Mr. E.
Hi Mrs.B. Looks like you're having a goodtime on your vacation. I've learned alot reading your blog,and now am really interested.Those pictures are amazing,and those kids are adorable! Did you get to see any pink dolphins?
-nicole
Post a Comment